Every month on a Saturday the World of Beer hosts a beer-pairing lunch. These events are almost unprecedented in an industry overly preoccupied with wine and whiskey pairings, but not with exploring and creating meals that deliberately complement the multitude of flavours found in beer.
As a grain, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of the two.
The World of Beer’s beer pairings include four to five courses, which have been carefully crafted to pair with a variety of SAB products. Guests are guided through the pairing process by an expert in the industry.
Our next beer-pairing lunch is on Saturday, 13 August 2016. Here is what's on the menu:
- Lightly curried butternut soup topped with a coriander cream, and served with a cheese straw. Paired with Peroni.
- Fillet of hake poached in milk and scented with cumin, napped with a dill yoghurt and micro herbs. Paired with Hansa Pilsener.
- Cranberry Brutal Fruit granita. Paired with cranberry Brutal Fruit.
- Peppered fillet of Springbok carved on to a creamy mash potato, with cumberland sauce, pearl vegetables and a pancetta crisp. Paired with Carling Black Label.
- A rich chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and vanilla Ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout.