Every month on a Saturday the World of Beer hosts a beer-pairing lunch. These events are almost unprecedented in an industry overly preoccupied with wine and whiskey pairings, but not with exploring and creating meals that deliberately complement the multitude of flavours found in beer.
As a grain, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of the two.
The World of Beer’s beer pairings include four to five courses, which have been carefully crafted to pair with a variety of SAB products. Guests are guided through the pairing process by an expert in the industry.
The next beer-pairing lunch will take place on Saturday, 4 June 2016 and the menu is provided below.
Craft food and beer pairings:
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep fried capers- Flying Fish Lemon
- Fillet of springbok carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetable and crispy pancetta - Peroni
- Deep fried crumbed camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade served with a mini baguettes - Carling Black Label
- Strawberry sorbet- Strawberry Brutal Fruit
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan- Chocolate Milk Stout