Want to have something to look forward to in 2018? Bookings are open for the SAB World of Beer's popular monthly food and beer pairings, which kick off on Saturday 17 February.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday from 1pm to 4pm and costs vary according to the menus.
You can expect a mouthwatering five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with mostly SAB-branded beers.
An SAB trade brewer guides guests through the pairing, explaining how the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
17 February, 12 May 2018
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep-fried capers, paired with Flying Fish Lemon
- Strawberry sorbet
- Fillet of springbok, carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetables and crispy pancetta, paired with Carling Blue Label
- Deep-fried crumbed Camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade, served with a mini baguette, paired with Carling Black Label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan, paired with Castle Milk Stout and No 3 Fransen Street Cream Ale
Cost: R503 per person.
10 March 2018, 9 June 2018
- Cold oak-wood smoked salmon on a bed of crunchy baby leaves, rosa tomatoes and mandarin segments, drizzled with a ceviche dressing, paired with 3 Fransen Street Krystal Weiss
- Slow-cooked Asian-style pulled pork slider topped with creamy wasabi coleslaw and lightly sweetened maple syrup, served with paprika-spiced potato wedges, paired with 3 Fransen Street Irish Red Ale
- Litchi granita, paired with Brutal Fruit Litchi
- Cape Malay shrimp and chicken curry served with a duo of jasmine and plain basmati rice, chutney, sambals and a poppadum shard, paired with Carling Blue Label
- Banoffee cheese cake with decadent chocolate crumble, paired with 3 Fransen Street Cream Ale
Cost: R503 per person.
21 April 2018
- Ostrich carpaccio, topped with balsamic caramelised onions and parmesan shavings, served with a garlic and herb bruschetta drizzled with a lime-infused olive oil, paired with Castle Lite
- Boerewors corn dogs served with tomato bredie, paired with Hansa
- A cold calamari and cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds, paired with Corona
- Butter chicken served with sambals and poppadums, paired with Carling Black Label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and vanilla ice cream, paired with Chocolate Milk Stout
Cost: R414 per person
21 July 2018
- Lightly curried butternut soup topped with a coriander cream, served with a cheese straw, paired with Stella Artois
- Fillet of hake poached in milk and scented with cumin, drizzled with a dill yoghurt and micro herbs, paired with Hansa
- Brutal Fruit Litchi granita, paired with Brutal Fruit Litchi
- Carved peppered fillet of springbok on creamy mash potato, with Cumberland sauce, pearl vegetables and a pancetta crisp, paired with Carling Black Label
- Rich chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and vanilla ice cream, paired with Castle Milk Stout
Cost: R414 per person.