Once a month on a Saturday, the World of Beer hosts a beer-pairing lunch. This event is almost unprecedented in an industry overly preoccupied with wine and whiskey pairings, but not with exploring and creating meals that deliberately complement the multitude of flavours found in beer. Since we introduced this offering in 2015, our beer pairings have become massively popular, attracting both newcomers and returning patrons alike.
As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course.
Our beer-pairing lunches comprise five courses, each of which has been carefully crafted to pair with a specific SAB brand. Menus change each month, with each one offering ever more creative and delectable gastronomic delights. Guests are guided through the pairing process by an industry expert, who draws attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it accompanies and enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Advance bookings are required. Please contact us today for more information.
Our next beer pairing: 15 July 2017
Our next beer pairing will be held on Saturday 15 July 2017 from 1pm to 4pm. Tickets are available on Webtickets at a cost of R610 per person or R1200 per couple.
The July menu includes:
- Lightly curried butternut soup topped with a coriander cream and served with a cheese straw. Paired with Stella Artois.
- Fillet of hake poached in milk and scented with cumin, drizzled with a dill yoghurt and micro herbs. Paired with Hansa.
- Brutal Fruit litchi granita. Paired with Brutal Fruit litchi.
- Peppered fillet of springbok carved on to a creamy mash potato, with cumberland sauce, pearl vegetables and a pancetta crisp. Paired with Carling Black Label.
- A rich chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and a vanilla ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout.