Once a month on a Saturday, the World of Beer hosts a beer-pairing lunch. This event is almost unprecedented in an industry overly preoccupied with wine and whiskey pairings, but not with exploring and creating meals that deliberately complement the multitude of flavours found in beer. Since we introduced this offering in 2015, our beer pairings have become massively popular, attracting both newcomers and returning patrons alike.
As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course.
Our beer-pairing lunches comprise five courses, each of which has been carefully crafted to pair with a specific SAB brand. Menus change each month, with each one offering ever more creative and delectable gastronomic delights. Guests are guided through the pairing process by an industry expert, who draws attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it accompanies and enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Advance bookings are required. Please contact us today for more information.
Our next beer pairing: 10 June 2017
Our next beer pairing will be held on Saturday 10 June 2017 from 1pm to 4pm. Tickets are available on Webtickets at a cost of R495 per person or R975 per couple.
The June menu includes:
- Ostrich carpaccio, topped with balsamic caramelised onions and parmesan shavings, served with a garlic and herb bruschetta drizzled with a lime-infused olive oil. Paired with Castle Lite
- Boerewors corn dogs served with tomato bredie. Paired with Hansa
- A cold calamari and cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds. Paired with Corona
- Butter chicken served with sambals and poppadoms. Paired with Carling Black Label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise and vanilla ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout Chocolate